Recorder is busy

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Paul Masley, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Masley

Paul Masley Registered Member

Has anyone solved the problem between Roxio 6.0/70 and XP Pro where this error message appears. "Recorder is busy" I thought the burner was bad and replaced it as the indicator lamp would stay lit all the time. The replacement worked for three days and now this error has reappeared.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I use roxio 6009 ultra and have never seen that problem.?

3. Paul Masley

This one is driving me crazy. I have two XP Pro Machines at work. One with the above problem and one where it will not give you acess to the formated disc unless you reboot the box. I am about ready to chunk the O/S and go back to Win2K. At least it worked with the burners. I think the problems is a conflict with Media Player, but I have not been able to tie it to it yet.

4. bigc73542

windows media player will try to take the default position if allowed and that will cause problems with nero. I had to go through WMP10 and un check boxes to get it to not try to take over everytime a disc was inserted. What really ticked me off was that it didn't always pop up a box saying it was trying to read the disc or what ever the situation was at the time. it would sometimes just lock nero up. but since I got WMP10 to play nice nero 6009 ultra works perfect on xp sp2.

bigc

5. Paul Masley

Thanks, I will give that a try, maybe just chunk media player completely out. My users does not need it anyway. All they need is for the burner to work so they can copy photos and files.

6. bigc73542

The problem is you can't remove WMP ver.9 or 10 but you surely can kick it's tail as far as being the default when a disc is inserted so the cd burner can grab it. good luck.

bigc

7. bigc73542

Now I said you couldn't remove WMP but that is not exactually the truth. you can go to add remove programs and if you are useing xp you can click on add remove windows components on the side panel of add remove programs. and then you will see the box in the screen shot and you can shut down windows programs not actually remove them, although it will remove all the icons and short cuts to the program.

Attached Files:

8. Paul Masley

Sorry, I have not been back. Figured out the problem real easy. Just chunk Roxio out the door and upgraded the boxes to XP Pro. XP will burn the cd's that my users need with no problems. Funny thing is that this is the first time that I have ever had any problems with conflicts between Roxio and MS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.