Recommended external USB/Firewire hard drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by uesjd, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Yep, do checksums when you copy files although from all previous indications the external drive is OK when used with the PC.

2. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

.........but only with full backups created on the pc with ATI.............

3. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

So if the built in 512 becomes faulty, it's an expensive back to base repair job!!!!

4. max0071

YEPPERS

5. max0071

So this is the deal. I backed up to my external from my notebook. I validated and did a checksum. I copied the .tib file from my external to my pc and did a validation and a checksum on my pc. Everything matched and both validated.

Is it safe to say I now have a usuable recovery file for my laptopo_Oo_Oo_O?

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I doubt that the original 512MB of RAM is "fixed" (i.e.hard soldered) to the motherboard. It's probably plugged into a SODIMM socket elsewhere in the guts of the laptop with the RAM expansion socket under a more easily accessed removable panel. Mind you, I agree that it would be a right pain if you need to partially dismantle the thing just to swap out the original RAM module o_O.

Regards

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  7. max0071

Your probably right, I do recall reading something about a SODIM socket. At any rate its not accessible for removable........by me anyway.

At any rate from all the tests I could run I now appear to have a validated full backup for restoration..........I hope!!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.