Recommendations for USB Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorn, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

I would be interested in hearing positive recommendations of external USB drives which are compatable with TI 8.0.

I am not running a commercial setup, just a small home network so cost may be a factor.

Many thanks.

2. rths

rths Registered Member

I use a Hitachi 2.5 inch notebook drive mounted in an Enermax USB 2.0 case. So far has worked with all the software I have tried. :D

3. michael_in_atlanta

michael_in_atlanta Registered Member

I am using a Maxtor 40 GB external USB drive for full and incremental backups with V8. Since the entire contents of my C drive is less than 20 GB (I keep things cleaned up) this drive is plenty big enough. I got it for $99 at CompUSA. When I go away for a while I can unplug the drive and store it in a safe place, just in case.

4. lallaz

lallaz Registered Member

Hi Foghorn

I use an Iomega 40GB USB external HDD. I get restore speeds on 8 minutes for a 10GB NTFS System partition. The System partition has 6GB of data.

5. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

Many thanks for your posts - they were a great help.

In the end I went for a Mentor 3.5" case which cost about £26, and dropped a 40GB drive into it. All seems fine so far.

6. riechert

riechert Registered Member

I've got a spare WD ATA drive that's begging to be put in a USB enclosure and used for backup storage. Aside from the Enermax case mentioned above, any other recommendations for USB cases that work with TI 8?

7. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

I just got home from Costco and for those in the USA and Canada they have an external 160 gb Maxtor in a can that has both USB2 and Firewire. It's in the $270CN range. I personally use a pair of USB2 cans with smaller drives and have the first partition FAT32 2 gb so I can use it for for sneaker net, can get to it with a bootable WIN98 floppy with freeware USB 1.0 drivers.

Images get saved to the NTFS larger second partition.

8. riechert

riechert Registered Member

What brand are the cases?

9. Tsu

Tsu Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.