recommend - or how to

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by db9, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. db9

db9 Registered Member

If I wanted to protect the registry and startup in XP pro. preventing modification by users (set as admins - because some games require one to be) unless I allow?

Thanks for the help

Stephen:)

2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

That made no sense. Please be clear.

3. db9

db9 Registered Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear, and if I read my post I can see why, so I will try again.
    Some recent problems on the kids system have gotten past the scanners that are installed, adding lines to the run section of the registry. I would like to have the user set as limited but some games require the user to be set as administrator (XP Pro).
    What could I use to lock the registry and prevent install of new software unless I allow it.

thanks

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Using an anti-executable typr program would be a good option to stop the unauthorised installation of software. A great little freebie is ExeLockdown, it allows you control what can and cannot be run.

Another idea is virtualisation. Theres a great freebie called returnil virtual system. When activated any change made to system will be deleted when you reboot. When you kids install something bad you can simply reboot the system and its gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.