Recent error message

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Just recently whenever I exit from a program I receive a pop up with the following message:

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7e2a5954" referenced memory at "0x23111d54". The memory can not be read.

Click on ok to terminate the program.

Anyone have an idea as to what I need to do to correct this problem. As always any and all replies will be appreciated. Please remember that if you do reply I am not very technical regarding computers. So try to keep your remarks as simple as possible. I will thank you in advance for any assistance.

John

2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

3. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

No luck so far with anything I have tried. I reviewed the posts in the suggested forum but what others had luck with I did not. I have scanned with numerous scanners hoping to detect something but no luck. Other than to uninstall Internet Explorer 6 and then reinstalling does anyone have any other suggestions. I don't really believe doing this is the answer but am willing to try. Would really appreciate suggestions. Thanking you in advance.

John

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

jpcummins, sounds like you might have a problem with a BHO (Browser Helper Object). Why don't you try disabling ALL IE6 add-ons (Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer plus Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer) via the browser's Tools > Manage Add-ons to see if the "IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error" message disappears.

If it does, then re-enable each, one at a time (clicking OK, closing and opening the browser), until you find the message popping up again. It will be tedious process but it's worth trying out before reinstalling IE6. Let us know if you find anything.

5. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Hi,

# John: Start/Programs/Accessories/Tools/Internet Explorer without Add-ons.

I have 4 Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer: Adobe PDF Reader Link, Console Java Sun, SSVHelper Class, ToolbarCop.

Look to post 56(page 3) on thread: " Your NEW BEST Free Softwares Anti-Malware and Windows Cleaners...".

PROROOTECT

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.