Received File Troubles

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by the_one, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_one

the_one Registered Member

Every time i receive a file from messenger, Nod32 opens itself up from the task bar, anyone know why this is happening and how i can fix it? It is very annoying

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps you have made WLM scan your received files with AV software (in this case EAV 3.0 or NOD32 2.7)

You need to uncheck this option from MSN/Live Messenger

3. the_one

Well, yes, i do, but why would it open up every time? it doesn't show it scanning a file, it just opens every time.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When Nod opens, what type of presentation are you seeing ?

5. the_one

I'm just seeing the main screen, usually protection status, unless i click on another side tab before closing it, such as update, and then close it, when it re-opens it would be on the update, just like it normally does when you manually open. Accept it opens itself when I receive files.

6. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

use Blackspear setting
    MSN Messenger / Windows Live Messenger files can be scanned upon transfer; please take the following steps:

1. Login to Messenger.

2. Click on Tools.

3. Click on Options.

4. Click on “File Transfer”.

5. Place a tick in “Scan files for viruses using:”.

6. Paste the following (including the quotation marks):

"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" /adv-heur /adware /arch /auto /boots /files /mail /no-log-all /pattern /quarantine /rtp /sfx /subdir /unsafe /unwanted

7. Click on “Apply”.

8. Click on “OK”.

7. the_one

hm,command line scanning mode, ill give it a shot

Edit: well the main gui doesn't show, but instead command prompt pops up instead. Looks like I'm going to just have to deal.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You have made a mistake . You have entered the EGUI.exe to be used instead of ECLS.exe

Either edit you WLM seetings as proactivelover's suggestion or simply don't use such scan . If web-access protection is enabled , the whole traffic of the application including any received file is being scanned before it reaches the disk

9. the_one

i have entered ECLS.exe that just scans with the command line, rather the gui portion. As of web-access protection, it is enabled, so i suppose it should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.