Reatime Protection and Cookies

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Jules Blue, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jules Blue

Jules Blue Registered Member

Hi

I do a fair amount of JavaScript programming.

I have created a number of HTML Applications which run as Microsoft ".hta" files (essentially they run as IE without the UI chrome or security prompts).

They still work fine with PREVX (including ActiveX objects), except for one unusual aspect.

I use "document.cookie" to set cookies for the HTML Application (to serve as a recently used file list).

With "Realtime Protection" on, all the cookies created by the HTML Application are deleted. This deletion occurs either when the ".hta" closes or when it first opens. I can create and use new cookies freely whilst it is running, but they are lost after I close the window. Switch "Realtime Protection" off, and they are not lost.

Might this be a bug? If not, how can I alter this behaviour?

Thanks.

Jules

2. Jules Blue

PS. The problem does not occur if I rename the file to ".htm" and run it in a normal browser. PREVX Realtim Protection seems to have an issue with cookies created in association with ".hta" files, but not ".htm" running in the browser. I appreciate this is a pretty rare issue as ".hta" files I assume I not in wide use, so don't worry if there isn't an answer!

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Prevx SafeOnline has protection against reading cookies but I'm unsure why it would prevent the writing of them.

Could you possibly send an example hta script application to report@prevxresearch.com so I can see what may be going wrong?

Thanks! :)

4. Jules Blue

PPS. I tried to add the ".hta" file as an "override", but PREVX would not add it to the override list.

5. Jules Blue

I have sent an example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.