Realtek HD Audio Manager Installing Itself time after time

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Aug 22, 2015.

1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Does anyone know how to stop this program from installing itself On Windows 10 o_O I've uninstalled in 5 times now, deleted registry keys, deleted hidden files/folders ( the one's I can find) and blocked startup with CCleaner but it installs again and again, and I cant find a way to stop it :confused:
    I don't want or need it, as I have ASUS Xonar Sound Card and control panel to deal with My Audio

2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

- Right-click Start menu
    - Click Control Panel
    - Change Control Panel view to either big of small icons instead of showing categories
    - Click on System
    - Click on Advanced System Settings on the left
    - Click on tab Hardware
    - Click on the second button to change the settings for installing device drivers

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Disable interface under task Manager maybe (I got one too) I have Sound Blaster Z Control panel. I would try to ignore it.

4. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

If you don't use the onboard sound at all, the best thing would be to disable it in the BIOS/UEFI.

5. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Uninstall the software & sound drivers then reboot & check in the BIOS to make sure the integrated realtek audio chip is disabled. I have a similar setup as yourself with realtek audio built in & a separate Xonar DG soundcard. I disabled the built in audio in the integrated peripherals so that way windows doesn't see it.

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Thanks Guys :thumb: done all 3 and it's sorted now ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.