Realcopy-Disk imager

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by timcan, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Hi wajamus, will you kindly post here when the update is finalized, thanks

2. wajamus

wajamus Registered Member

Of course, thank you all for your patience!

3. SpotOn

SpotOn Registered Member

Ok, had a chance to test out RC this wknd. Didn't get very far though. Since I use a NAS connected to a router, I used a mapped network share as the destination. After configuring the rest(compression,schedule,etc..) I pressed next giving me a pop-up requesting "credentials". Not sure if the "credential" request is.. access to the share OR allow backup when not logged in(as I have seen in other backup programs). Anyhow, I could not get past a pop-up claiming "wrong user name/password or path not found"..HUH?? I can write/read from the NAS with FULL access, which by DEFAULT thus using the "correct" user name/password.
    I know RC is being co-joined with AX64(different issue with this one) and this is one area I DIDN'T have a problem with AX64. Maybe confer with Isso?

Believe ME! I like this "hybrid" idea concerning backups and hopefully these issues(AX64 included) get ironed out to make a SOLID product.

Good LUCK!!

4. Iurie Caraion

Iurie Caraion Registered Member

Thank you for feedback.

5. enonod

enonod Registered Member

Windows 8.1: Realcopy v859W:
    Not knowing whether AX64 or Realcopy beta is the most current program to use I tried to install (and it appears to have done so) Realcopy. At the reboot stage I received a message before Windows started saying something like 'Kernel_boost_internal_lock Release'. Too quick to take in fully.
    Not sure whether this was an error or part of the program.
    The program seems to run as far as far as 'No backups found...' and I am reluctant to proceed until I know the answer.

Any pointers please?

[Edit] I note also that turning compression on/off does not alter the estimated backup size.

6. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

They are 2 different programs which will/do share some elements so you question about which is the most current is not applicable. AX64 is by far the more reliable of the 2 at this point. From what has been posted RealCopy needs a fair bit of work before it is ready for prime time (it seems to me).

I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.