Real-Time Spyware Protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by poison, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poison

poison Registered Member

First of all I would just like to say hi to all you great forumers! you are a wealth of information! I've been Lurking some time... :p

Now for my question:

I am running on WinXP SP2 and have 3 security apps that offer realtime spyware protection which are:

NOD32 (Blackspear's Extra Settings)
    Outpost Firewall Pro with real time enabled
    and
    SuperAntiSpyware with real-time anabled

Do you think this could cause a conflict and damage my system?

Would I be better of disabling real time on outpost and SAS and just trusting NOD32 or would you also use SAS for real-time or all 3 as I am?

I use Internet Explorer and do download quite a lot of Bit Torrent.

Any advice would be welcome :)

Thanks

2. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

You could disable the antispyware protection in outpost, and after that your perfect, unless you want hips to the lot.

3. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I'd also recommend a bit of immunizing for IE. Set the permissions pretty high (Eg: prompt for all scripting) in the untrusted/internet zone), and get, install and update Javacool's SpywareBlaster. This uses no resources, is free (and trouble free) updates available (based on a blacklist of dodgy sites) every week or two. Just enable all protection after updating, and exit the program.
    Consider using Firefox with the Noscript and maybe Adblock add-ons, if you want to notch it up another level, but you look pretty good.
    Have a look at the other thread Here
    where a recommendation has been posted at #8 to lock the shared folder down for file sharing...I don't use those applications so it's a bit past my head, but looks very worth delving into.

4. poison

poison Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! All your recommendations have been taken on board and I am now running everything you suggest apart from the HIPS as I don't really understand how this works :eek:

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.