Real-time protection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dannynigg, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannynigg

dannynigg Registered Member

Hi, I recently noticed that after my Fujitsu laptop with vista business 32 bit reboot, the realtim file protection will be malfunctioning/disable. Is that normal or can it be a virus/keylogger. I scanned the laptop, nothing was found. Can it be because I'm using a trial? I thought trials work like the real ones.

Edit:
    Ok. Even when I've reinstalled, it's still not working. After 30sec-2mins, it works. Can it be a virus/keylogger? I virus scanned and no virus was found though?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

have you try to re-install ? its not caused by trial version on not... trial version have same features as paid version

3. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

Mine does the same at start-up. However, when I look in task manager both ekrn.exe and egui.exe are both loaded so i'm under the impression that it must still be working.

4. dannynigg

dannynigg Registered Member

I reinstalled and it got fixed. Could it have been a virus /keylogger and could a virus/keylogger have gotten in my laptop? I scanned and nothing is found.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It is possible your machine was infected, however, it may have been a compatibility issue with a legitimate application on the Fujitsu notebook computer.

You can download a copy of ESET SysInspector from ESET, create a log file and mail it to support@eset.sk along with a link to this message thread for analysis by a support engineer to help determine if the computer was affected by malware.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.