Ready to buy Nod32? Who do I go to?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Straight Shooter, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

I have been trialing NOD32 for two weeks now.. I am just stunned to the level of detection, the performance of my computer, everything. In the past, NOD32 wasn't THIS powerful. It seems spyware and trojan detection is very good, and the support seems to have improved by leaps and bounds...

I am willing to plunge my money.. I have a couple of questions..

1. Who do I buy it from? I would like to help support the folks at the forum here, so what is my best way to buy it (In the USA)..

2. I only want to pay a maximum of $39...

3. Can I feature NOD32 on my website and if someone buys it, can I make money?

4. Would it be better if I wait for the "ESET Security Suite"?

5. What about if I buy it for 2, or three computers?

6. What if I have a computer running the Linspire 5-0 OS?

I featured NOD32 on my Blog.. here it is... www.gatosblog.com

and #7.. Is Michael, the guy who created "Gladiator Anti-Virus, a while ago, working for ESET now? He was one Smart cookie..LOL

Thanks

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

1) There are resellers all over the USA. I am a reseller in Texas for instance. Most of them flock here so I guess it depends on what area you are in and then it is a personal choice

2) A 1-year license is only $39.

3) I don't think there is a problem with you promoting NOD32 on your website, but I am pretty sure you won't be able to make money off of it unless you became a reseller as well. Keep in mind, even if your advertising on your website leads to a sale, it is still going to be bought from a reseller and we have to pay our share of what we sell to ESET.

4) You don't have to wait for the Security Suite. When it is released, you will still be able to get just the AV seperatly and if you have a paid license, the upgrad to the next version (3.0) will be included.

5) You will need to purchase a license for each computer you are installing it on. Talk to your reseller of choice about bundles. These allow you to buy multiple licenses at a discounted rate.

6) I am going to have to say "I'm not sure". I believe it would work since it is still a Linux kernel, but we will have to get a thumbs-up from ESET first.

7) I believe he is who you are thinking of, and he just recently left the ESET family.

HTH :)

3. Straight Shooter

Great.. I private emailed you and one other reseller kind enough to respond..
    Thanks
    Jim

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I sent a response to you as well.

Thank You

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I will try to answer your questions:

1)When you live in the USA, you've got a lot of resellers. It is recommended that you purchase from a reseller in the same region where you live. Otherwise, you can always buy from a NOD32 authorized partner or reseller (see my signature).

2)A 1-year license costs $39, though you can receive discounts if you are a student.

3)You can feature NOD32 and your favorite reseller (if you really want to) on your website, but do not expect any money for doing it.

4)Any users who purchase NOD32 today will be offered the upgrade to either the security suite or the NOD32 AV version 3, so there's not much point in waiting.

But, the Eset Security Suite will cost more than the current cost of NOD32.

5)There are multi-user licenses and family packs that you can purchase at discounted rates.

6)Not sure, but you cannot use a NOD32 for Windows license with a non-Windows OS.

7)Yes, Inspector "Cool Dad" Clouseau (Michael St. Neitzer) is the same person who developed Gladiator AV. He recently left Eset though, and works for FRISK (F-Prot) now. :)

You can find all the license deals and discounted packs on the website mentioned on my signature, or also from any other reseller who offers a multitude of purchase options. So take your time browsing through the various options and have fun. It does not really matter who you have purchased it from as long as its in the USA. And Capp provides very good support. As I see you have already contacted him, I do recommend you go ahead with purchasing NOD32 from Capp :)

I hope you enjoy NOD32! :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey Firecat... That sounds exactly like what I posted above :p:D:cool:

He has contacted me already and I'm working with him on getting the licenses he needs.

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Thats a good thing, and I have edited my previous post to add reference to you. :)

And since my answers were similar to yours, do you think I'll become a good reseller one day? :p :D :D

8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

LOL I just had to give you a hard time.:p

Thanks for the reference.

You'll be a fine reseller, no doubt ;):ninja:

9. Straight Shooter

Gee, I hope I don't start an argument here, but I'll stick with CAPP..LOL

10. Straight Shooter

Just bought license for 3 computers! Thanks Capp.....

11. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Anytime :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.