Read only files

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Sherry22, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherry22

Sherry22 Registered Member

Not sure where to put this so putting it here. All the files and folders on my comp seem to have suddently become read only. I have no idea why and it wont let me change them. Any of you folks have any idea what happened? Only thing different lately is that i did install process guard. And defrag.exe keeps wanting to start..I did defrag the drive yesterday. Other than that I can't think of anything that has changed.

How do I change the read only settings? Or can I? Thanks.

2. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Sherry,

I can't say why it should have happened, as there could be many different reasons, but it is very unusual. Fortunately there is a remedy.

I recently needed to do exactly the same thing for someone. I found the following recommened App very good and easy to use. It does a lot more than i've listed here. I scanned it at Jottis and it's clean.

Attribute Changer 5.23

Changing attributes and date/time stamps on file and folders in Windows is somewhat troublesome - Attribute Changer will helpfully assist you in this task.

Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP shell integration

As a freeware author, I expect feedback. Please support me by simply sending me bug reports, suggestions and messages.

http://webplaza.pt.lu/~rpetges/

StevieO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.