Read Error failure-Can't Get Partition Backup of Boot drive with Acronis True Image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rogeru, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogeru

rogeru Registered Member

I cannot get ATI 9.0 to backup my boot drive C: .

I get the following messages in the log:

Information 1 504 Pending Operation 116 Started "Creating Partition Image"

Error 1 502 (0x101F6) Operation with Partition "C;" was terminated.
    Details: Read Error (0x70003)

Error 1 100 Operation has completed with errors.

(BTW wouldn't it be nice to be able to cut and paste from the ATI Log for reporting probs such as this)

I have performed a chkdsk/f on the drive c:. Have tried doing the backup to the secure zone and also to a separate disk. Nothing works.

My system:

Win 2000 with the latest Service Packs
    Atholon 1.8 Ghz
    512 RAM
    Acronis TI 9.0 Build 2237

Thanks

2. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

Did you try verifing that all the sectors on your disk are readable?
    Code:
    chkdsk /r
    If that doesn't work you can possibly use the disk drive manufactures diags on the disk that has problems and hopefully that will correct the problem. If it does correct the problem you will need to run the same chkdsk command above to clean up the file system before using acronis to do your imaging. It is a PITA but it has to be done since acronis will not backup your disk if the sectors on the disk are not readable. I would at least backup all your important data first before going too far into this just incase something goes wrong.

Finally, if all of the above does not show any error and you still are getting an error in acronis try to backup your important data and then reformat the disk and start over again. I'll bet acronis will work just fine, at least it has for me. I had this same problem and sometimes I was able to recover and other times I could not and the only option was to reformat and start over again. I have found that using Acronis can turn up problems with your disk that you didn't even know you had.

3. rogeru

rogeru Registered Member

Thanks, will try the chkdsk /r on the next reboot.

I suspect there are some old, small, temp files on the drive that are unreadable Perhaps that's causing the problem. I have seen that in WIn 2000 before.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Read Error failure-Can't Get Partition Backup of Boot drive with Acronis True Ima

Hello rogeru,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.