Re: Would You Trust This Company ? i wouldnt

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Checkout, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, my interest level in this comversation has fallen below my interest level in washing-up liquid, which is probably just as well since there's a whole kitchen here to clean.

:D)

2. Don't trade wits with me, sunshine - you're only half-equipped for that.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Checkout,

Please let's not put out the fire with gasoline  ;)

Thanks in advance.

regards.

paul

4. kers0r

kers0r Registered Member

5. Paul, nobody impugnes my intelligence.  That is libel and I might remind you that you have the libeller's IP address recorded.  To say I'm p!ssed is putting it far beyond mildly.

However, for the sake of forum decorum, I'm prepared to considered the matter closed, providing others have equal regard for propiety.

6. Substandard.  Try harder.  :

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ohhhh i took this differently!
    As we saw the whole equipe visiting here today/night in our nice, clean, friendly, forum, i thought the people saw the difference and took the opportunity to use their soap and water to clean out their own place. We can spare you some brooms and scotch brite and whatever to get it gleaming brilliant out there too? Brilliant, yes of course, as we were talking about Diamond the whole day, weren't we?
    Weak habit, if people have nothing intelligent to say they start name calling, seems they feel better by that. Just looking in the mirror suppose.

8. snowman

snowman Guest

Well Well Well boys and girls....very interesting

an now....for the other story

this is an entirely personal observation about what has been publically revealed for the world to see

Satans Nest was infiltrated...(appearantly it wasn't hard to do)  by an infiltrator that didn't even bother to hide his ip..(satans nest is so easy to infiltrated no one even bothers to hide their ip ?)  does this mean that any local authorty can slip right in an do alittle busting.
          Fellows where your security measures?

Next someone inside satans nest traces another person inside satans nest...huh!   why would one member trace another member?  I thought there was such a thing as honor among the brotherhood.

next......snitching...fellows let me tell you like it is..a snitch that rats out anyone..will rat you out to.  If there was a problem respect should have been shown to everyone in satans nest...an the problem left to its members to handle......now the hold world knows....an all because of a snitch....see,,the snitch has already brought satans nest into public view.....now who will the snitch rat out next?

next.   working on something is greatly differant than making something work....an the beauty of all this..if\when it does work it will be nearly useless....sounds like good planning ....

next.. I see a person admitting to being payed...an then complains about someone else...duh!!

Some of the most brillant software makers in the world were former hackers\trojan coders....thats a fact of life.   its also a fact that there was a time with a pro hacker was really somebody....a person who had a strong sense of honor....a person who didn't wack some petty lil win98......or drop a trojan on some helpless kid on messenger......an sure as hell would never snitch on anyone.......he took care of his own problems...an didn't show weakness by making it public.
         as stated this is my personal observation....an if I see it this way....how many others have?  
         ip addresses can be changed almost instantly....an a trojan using someone computer will show the victims ip........an ip address and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee......about it!
           satans nest should be most grateful in more ways than one.....a tremendous security problem has been shown that could prove extremely damaging to all.
          this has been said as respecful as possible...it will be my only comment....other than to say...Checkout...Jooske....are people that would be welcome in my home.........

Snowman

9. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Would You Trust "Satans Crew"? I wouldn't.

"kersOr"'s real name is Jonathan David Read, a young and over-enthusiastic trojan researcher who works for www.virusmd.com - see http://www.virusmd.com/aboutus/team.php
    So it is not surprising that he is attacking us - we're competition, but it is nonetheless an apalling attack.

The real question is - Would you trust Jonathon Read aka. "kersOr"? NO YOU SHOULDN'T, and here is why.

I have an interesting archive of emails from Dr. Cyrus Peikari (CEO - VirusMD) regarding Jonathon Read and I'll be sure to email him again today. Last year it came to my attention that it was claimed on the VirusMD.com About page that Jonathon Read was instrumental in the development of TDS-3. While Mr. Read did indeed send us trojans (as many people do) which we are grateful for, that was the only contribution he ever made to DiamondCS.  Mr. Peikari investigated the matter and came to the same conclusion, so he promptly removed the word TDS-3 from their page. While I have not heard from either of them since, I suspect that Jonathon Read was humiliated that his CEO had found out that he had lied about his work history to get a job at VirusMD, so I'm assuming that is why he is attacking us.

Quite sad, really.

For the record, Gavin is responsible for infiltrating a startling number of trojan teams but he is not active in any way in the development of any trojans - he hardly ever programs as that has very little to do with his career, all his work revolves around the disassembly and analysis of compiled programs, which in a way is almost the opposite of building programs. His sole aim when infiltrating trojan teams is to obtain private trojan source code and servers that are otherwise virtually impossible to obtain. It is thanks to Gavins handywork that we've been able to obtain over 200 private trojan servers that aren't detected by any other anti-virus or anti-trojan scanners simply because they were never made public, but some of these servers are from high-profile strains - Sub7 to name just one. This is called proactively obtaining trojans - we try to get trojans and add detection for them _before_ they become a threat as they all inevitably do. We can also confirm that several major anti-virus companies also use this approach to proactively obtain such private trojans. I'm not sure why kersor would say that somebody here actually works for any trojan crew, but in regards to  Satans Crew a quick check at http://satanzcrew.no.sapo.pt/crew.html doesn't even show the person they claim works for them?

Anyway, now you know who kersor is and who he works for, I'll let you make up your own minds as to how trustworthy his word is.

Best regards,
    Wayne

10. zappa

zappa Registered Member

Now I know I purchased the right product.  Kudo's DCS.  
    In fact I'd pay more for TDS.   I trust them then and now.  

11. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

kersOr or Mr. Reid must truly be a very enthusiastic and talented Trojan researcher.

Most businesses wont hire a 6 year old.  ;)

12. kers0r

kers0r Registered Member

Re: Would You Trust "Satans Crew"? I wouldn't.

Can i ask you Wayne, when have i ever lied about my work history ?

I would be very interested in seeing evidence that shows that i have lied about anything.

You are blatently lying about me right now, saying that i lied to cyrus peikari.

I dont need to lie about myself to get a job, i have never lied to any employer and i am a very honest person.

Its not a secret where i work, everyone knows that, i dont decieve people to get trojans and i dont work with trojan coders on trojan projects.

Yes he who laughs name has been removed , it was removed yesterday, pretty conveniant for yourself i might add. And feel free to contact my boss, i couldnt care less, you think that really worries me ? If you do then you dont really know much about me or the company i work for.

Unless you have proof that shows i lied to my CEO then i expect a retraction and an apology.

13. kers0r

kers0r Registered Member

i also have a large archive of emails here too that cleary state that you used information i wrote for your trojan definitions for TDS 2.

The only sad person here is you and your sad company.

14. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

k, enough.

15. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

You'd like an apology? How about an apology from you then for making such an allegation about DiamondCS which is what started all of this in the first place. you started this for absolutely no apparent reason - it was a completely unprovoked outburst and it doesn't do any good for the credibility of either yourself or VirusMD. If you're foolish enough to start such lie-strewn threads then you should expect that people will slam you, they're not fools.

You apparently have nothing better to do with your time, "kersor", but this thread is accomplishing nothing and some of us have work to do so this thread will now be locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.