re:vpn pass through_HotSpotShield

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by fallsoffmotorcycle, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallsoffmotorcycle

fallsoffmotorcycle Registered Member

Hello,
    I am liking LnS for its seeming simplicity, but I am having probems with Hotspot Shield. When I kill the firewall the vpn goes green, so the VPN is not passing through. I have 2 VPN executables, both green in LnS. OPENTRAY.EXE and OPENVNAS.EXE. Tray is all green across the app filtering window, in fac at they both are. Both show in the LH pane. Nothing is red or flagged.

Can anyone tell me how to passthrough? I dont have anything back from the VPN people yet and I am very concerned about being scammed at the Hotspots or at home.

Please advise,
    fallsoffmotorcycle

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Re: vpn pass through_HotSpotShield

Hi,

Probably you have to allow some ports on the primary internet connection, to have the VPN client connecting properly to the remote VPN server.

Did you look at the Look 'n' Stop log to see what is blocked when the VPN doesn't work ?

When you said "I kill the firewall", I assume you just stopped Look 'n' Stop without uninstalling it.
    If you uninstalled Look 'n' Stop completely (because just stopping it wasn't sufficient) then the problem may be a conflict between the VPN and Look 'n' Stop driver, and it could be more difficult to fix.

Regards,

Frederic

3. Diver

Diver Registered Member

To make hotspot shield work with any firewall two way UDP communication must be allowed over a wide range of ports between the local PC and AnchorFree's servers located at 38.99.101.0/25.255.255.0. There may be other ip ranges, and it may be possible to trim the port ranges some. Be careful, if you use noscript it may cause some pages to freeze if the ad server is blocked.

4. fallsoffmotorcycle

Helo all
    Sorry I have been ill. I just tried again with LnS and HSS and then came here to see if there had been another response. I have not tried with LnS uninstalled. I have 4 .exe's from HSS permitted through and that does not help. I do not understand how to directly muck with ports in LnS. I am an AVG guy who had problems there and migrated, but I know nothing of rules based protocols.

If somone sees this and responds I wil be around on and off and will look regulary.
    Thanks
    Fallsoff

5. fallsoffmotorcycle

hello,
    I missed the log mention and went there to check. i did find outgoing udp from my port 1324 to 38.99.101.135, which i assume is LnS. There are a lot of references. The rules name is <any other UDP packet>.

Thats all I have for now. there are numerous similar ip addresses. I never looked in logs before so I am trying to get some insight into that now.
    Thanks again
    falsoff

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

I just would like to know if it works as soon as you stop Look 'n' Stop.
    I guess so, with your posts, and in that case there is no reason to uninstall it, it is "simply" a configuration issue.

If finally the VPN access doesn't work without Look 'n' Stop stopped, then I guess you had to uninstall Look 'n' Stop.

Thanks,

Frederic

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

In that case, just create a rule to allow these packets. You can do it with a right click on a log entry.

Frederic

8. 1hui

1hui Registered Member

when I use VPN ,I shut down LNS...:doubt:

9. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Why do you shut down Look 'n' Stop ?

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.