Re: Private Firewall And Online Banking

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by desertjon, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desertjon

desertjon Registered Member

Hi..I'm learning how to use my first firewall..and installed the Private Firewall and it seems to be working fine..I need to know how I can tell if I'm safe doing my online banking...When I open my bank site I dont get a pop up asking me to allow or block......Another feature on Private Firewall is the red..yellow and green symbols that sit in the taskbar for allowing..filtering..and blocking...Why would you want to check block all traffic?...Thanks

Im using Avira Free version 12 and Malwarebytes..The Malwarebytes forum said they do not reccommend using Malwarebytes Pro with Avira because the two real time features can collide and cause problems..but also said if the exceptions are used in each I shouldnt have any problems..Thanks

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

3. desertjon

Appreciate that...Im having fun learning how to use a firewall...Just want security with the banking..

4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Might be worth considering something like Webroot SecureAnywhere or Prevx SafeOnline for that purpose.

5. desertjon

Appreciate all the help....Will be checking these out today

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

If Avira and Malwarebytes Pro say the system is clean and if you're seeing the correct URL for the banking website (HTTPS + the VeriSign identification) you're reasonably safe. Depending on your OS you could add Prevx SafeOnline or Webroot Secure Anywhere. There's also Trusteer Rapport which may be offered for free by your bank (only use one of the last three).

7. desertjon

Thanks...Ill have to check with the bank...and yes Im seeing the HTTPS and it looks secure..I also change my password monthly..Cant be too safe :)

8. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I would also add Keyscrambler. Its free and if you want Keyscrambler Pro its a lifetime license.

If you want to get a little more sophisticated and increase your protection, read up on Sandboxie.

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

just install keyscrambler free or pro or premium and follow 'If Avira and Malwarebytes Pro say the system is clean and if you're seeing the correct URL for the banking website (HTTPS + the VeriSign identification) you're reasonably safe'......

10. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Live boot a Linux distro, do your banking and just be sure you wrote the address of your bank correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.