re: NOD32config_en.zip usability????

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fallsoffmotorcycle, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallsoffmotorcycle

fallsoffmotorcycle Registered Member

Hello,
    Hopefully I am posting approproiately and in the correct location.

I have NOD32 trial and am interested in this addition: nod32config_en.zip. I can't determine how current it is as the posts run from 2002 through 2006 or so. When I do try to install the download, I get a Windows nag to go to Control Panel and ''install and configure Windows components'' as well as a persistent DOS screen.

Same events agaion this morning. I was beat last night. Now I am awake and alert.

Did I miss something nin the mass of information and comment? Is the config file current and usable? If so, how do I circumvent the Windows nag and am I married to the DOS screen or not? It just sits there and I have not a clue.
    Thanks for any insight/admonishment.
    Fallsoffmotorcycle

2. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Are you running it correctly? The config file and the .bat file have to be run from the folder containing the Eset install files.

Edit: Also, can you post some information pertaining to your OS and installed software? Command prompt in Vista requires a couple more clicks to get the configured install to work.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Very interesting nickname :)

I think there is really no sense in trying to find the possible reason . This works well , we use it very often when installing NOD32 EE in companies . The release of the new ESET products is imminent so you can try them instead of the old one . Download either Eset Antivirus or Eset Smart Security from
    http://www.eset.eu/download/beta
    install and update them

More info:
    http://www.eset.eu/press/ess-ena

If you are still interested in an extra configuration , you can download either this1 or this2 .
    1 is for Eset AV , 2 is for Eset Smart Security

Then open the UI of your program , choose Setup -> Import/Export settings . Choose import and navigate to the xml file you just downloaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.