re: NOD32config_en.zip usability????

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fallsoffmotorcycle, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallsoffmotorcycle

fallsoffmotorcycle Registered Member

Hello,
    Hopefully I am posting approproiately and in the correct location.

I have NOD32 trial and am interested in this addition: nod32config_en.zip. I can't determine how current it is as the posts run from 2002 through 2006 or so. When I do try to install the download, I get a Windows nag to go to Control Panel and ''install and configure Windows components'' as well as a persistent DOS screen.

Same events agaion this morning. I was beat last night. Now I am awake and alert.

Did I miss something nin the mass of information and comment? Is the config file current and usable? If so, how do I circumvent the Windows nag and am I married to the DOS screen or not? It just sits there and I have not a clue.
    Thanks for any insight/admonishment.
    Fallsoffmotorcycle

2. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Are you running it correctly? The config file and the .bat file have to be run from the folder containing the Eset install files.

Edit: Also, can you post some information pertaining to your OS and installed software? Command prompt in Vista requires a couple more clicks to get the configured install to work.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Very interesting nickname :)

I think there is really no sense in trying to find the possible reason . This works well , we use it very often when installing NOD32 EE in companies . The release of the new ESET products is imminent so you can try them instead of the old one . Download either Eset Antivirus or Eset Smart Security from
    http://www.eset.eu/download/beta
    install and update them

More info:
    http://www.eset.eu/press/ess-ena

If you are still interested in an extra configuration , you can download either this1 or this2 .
    1 is for Eset AV , 2 is for Eset Smart Security

Then open the UI of your program , choose Setup -> Import/Export settings . Choose import and navigate to the xml file you just downloaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.