Re: Browser Hijack

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by FlaDownloder, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlaDownloder

FlaDownloder Registered Member

I noticed when installing this that the data files are dated Oct/02. Are there any updates available? If so, where?

So far I have most of the Javacool software installed now and updated, and like them. Seem to do a good job protecting system. Hope they will stop the DOS(Code Red attacks[22]) I've had within the last 3 weeks.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi FlaDownloder,

Welcome at Wilders, :)
    BrowserHijackBlaster does not depend on definitions so there is no need for the program to be updated regularly.
    The only thing it uses definitions for is to label the warnings, but if an unknown spyware were to hijack any of your browser settings, you would still get a warning.

Actually, there is not much left to improve. :D

Regards,

Pieter

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Pieter is right on all accounts there ;)

BHB hasn't had any updates (and hasn't really needed them - it was just a convenience feature to be able to identify what spyware might have changed an item).

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. FlaDownloder

FlaDownloder Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply(s). I really wasn't expecting to find any updates, but had to ask anyway. BTW, with spybot, how can I get back to the config page. All it brings up now that I screwed up by setting it to close after scanning, is the scan window. And going back to the folder and clicking on the .exe file just brings up the scan window also. Appreciate the help.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi FlaDownloder,

Please read cnm's answer in this thread: http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=5003&hl=spybot&s=115193ac7090cad9717f9cfab28ca035

HTH,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.