RC1 of Antivir Premium w/ Firewall released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kdm31091, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gevin

gevin Registered Member

the file info on the beta download page a bit confuse. DE file info end with (English), whereas EN file info nothing. Don't know i downloaded the correct files or noto_O

what file did you download? hope i don't waste my time on wrong files. :mad:

2. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Just download the 'English' file with the 30-11-2006 date and you are up and running!

Running very smooth here as well, great product!

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Download the "en" file.

Best,
    Jerry

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Does it has an http scanner/ web scanner etc?

5. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

No http/web scanner (yet).

6. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

The old beta let me use my existing lisence key with it (valid till next September) but now it says it's not valid. So Avira is going to make us purchase this suite seperately even when we have a lisence currently?

7. Big Apple

This is what I posted in the Beta forum:

Up and running, just great.........except, the RC1 won't accept my Antivir Personal Premium license, which was perfectly accepted before by the Beta 1.0. Does this mean, that I will not be able to upgrade to the Suite with my license?

This was the answer:

smustaca
    Avira GmbH
    Re: Avira Premium Security Suite Release Candidate 1

No, It means that we will make something special with these licenses and we will upgrade them.
    So, sit tight and it will be sorted out!

8. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Oh good, I'm happy about that.

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

If confirmed, this will make the Premium version even better value :cool: :thumb:

10. wir.sing

wir.sing Registered Member

That test was with the RC1

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

o_O

I wonder what this means....Do you have any idea what will be the price of AntiVir PersonalEdition Premium with Firewall?

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Mine came back with all but one passed. It may be different based on other things. All I know, is this has proven to be the most enjoyable beta I have ever been a part of. We have helped to develop the start of a suite that will be the leader, in my own thoughts one day. We have yelled at each other to get our point across, while slowly growing as friends. Antivir has listened to everything we have suggested and implemented all those that were relevant. There are other suites that are good, there are other suites, who fall short in offering to much, and their are suites that are crap.

This my friends, is not going to be bloated, so dont ask if it can brush your teeth, it is going to be basic, but secure. Let me repeat that, secure, isnt that what you want? It may grow some as time goes on, but it is, the first suite that would allow me, to dump the fluff. Maybe not you, but me, to quit paying 5 different renewals, to 5 different companies, at 5 different times of the year. I dont visit the naked sites. I do surf but really dont worry about what I do, but I do worry about what others may do and this is the product for you. Am I selling it? No, I will be the first in line to buy my license, to go along with the other 50 I have for other software. That is the key, I didnt do this for the freebie. But to help a great antivirus company create what we all have wanted. Perfect? Hell no. Perfection possible? Hell yes.

13. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the screenshots.

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks for the screenshots
    lodore

16. GmG

GmG Registered Member

From Beta tester site :

Release Date : 31 October 2006
    Price: 39,95 EUR
    License time: 1 Year

License upgrade from Antivir Premium to Avira Premium Security Suite:
    Existing Premium customers can upgrade to the Security Suite for the price above using the following formula: the reamining term of the Premium
    version will be added to the 1-year Security Suite license.
    (e.g. if the license of Antivir Premium is valid another 5 months, this means that the customer will get a Security Suite license for 17 months)

IMPORTANT: This offer will be valid until 30.11.2006 !

17. Big Apple

Very disappointing offer for the license holders and/or beta testers! It's a double price for just adding the firewall. Avg gave away 2-year licenses for testing the AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite and the final costs € 46,95 for a 1-year license and that includes the very good Aniti Spyware Module (former Ewido) and personally, I think that's a far better deal as Avg has improved a lot with this suite!

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Disagree. First they already told the beta testers their licences are special and will inform of such later. You cannot compare the detection rate of AVG to Antivir, they arent even close. Ewido, was the best, but there are numerous posts here about issues since AVG took it over. Antivirs suite has room to grow and if you are a current license holder of the antivirus, the deal is really good for the upgrade. To me its the old Apples to Oranges comparision.

19. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I currently hold a license for the Premium version BUT I do not consider this an attractive offer. If the upgrade was to cost another $5-10 then maybe I would have traded up but not at another $50 :eek: :thumbd:

The Premium standalone AV is relatively cheap compared to other commercial packages but even this version is not a "best seller". IMHO, they will find very few takers of the Suite at this price and therefore the paying Home customer base will remain low.

So at the present time, the best choice may well be to stay with the free AV Classic version and just use another firewall.

20. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep rip off.... and as for a suite, i still do not like it.

the interface is poor, and the layout of the suite is poor.

a suite should offer more than good detection rate for viruses, otherwise, why not just use the premium version, adding a firewall, which i thought was cheaply done, and adding a massive extension on the price is just not worth it, suite they say?

i know some people may dissagree with me here, but its only my opinion.. sorry.

but if you like it, buy it ... no harm in that, nobodys perfect *hehe* :D

i just personally think there are better 'suites' on the market, but sure... go ahead and get the premium as it does the job im sure, although again .. i dispise the UI.

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

do you mean you dont like the main UI or the firewall ui part?

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

From the looks of your avatar your feelings are expected and respected. I must say though if you but this suite up against the one from AVG, I really dont think AVG would stand a chance in detection or protection. Just my 2 cents.

23. Big Apple

I can't help noticing, that your preferences change quite often. You also disagreed about the pricing complaints of some posters of the Avira Suite and at the Avira's beta forum, you do precisely the same....!!!
    Avg isn't that bad.....improving quite a bit!

24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree about the current pricing, but I still think some things may be added to enhance the product. At least I hope so. As far as frequent changes, I am Lodores half brother.:rolleyes:

25. lodore

lodore Registered Member

IMO. atm my favorite av's are antivir and nod32.

I never had problems with either during testing.

for nod32 I used the config and install batch file to get black spear settings and a silent install.

for antivir i just made it silent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.