RAV antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Freddy Krueger, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it safe to state that R.A.V. is one (was) of the best Av's around ?

http://www.ravantivirus.com/pages/engine.php

If you look at there impresive engine, i believe it must be as good as Kapersky's and Macaffee's.

Much better than most other comercial & freeware av's outthere.

It offers daily updates, has strong heuristics, knows lot of archives and packers.

Scored outstanding in VB test and has countless other awards

Why is it that people on this forum don't discuss this program ? is it because Microsoft bought it ? It could only be better i believe.

Btw ; Is there online scan outstanding also ?

Freddy

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

RAV is more or less dead after Microsoft took over the business. M$ stopped the sales and a lot of the RAV developers already left the GeCAD and are now working for competitors like Kaspersky.

Personally I think the fact that Microsoft bought RAV was one of the worst things that could happen to this nice scanner which one of my secret favourites for some time.

wizard

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I had RAV prior to the MicroSoft buy-out.
    I don't know if it was the best,but I liked RAV a lot.

The buyout ended my interest in RAV.

4. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

i was a big fan of RAV.. wizard is right it's now almost dead, daily updates are now gone,usually 2 a week and i haven't received rav outbreak alerts for ages.. it's now a back-up scanner here..and i recommend all rav users not to rely on it full time..
    it was a good scanner, nice fast engine, good unpackers(still nowhere close to kav/mcafee) and most notably it was DEVELOPED.. it could have evolved into being THE scanner.. it had a good trojan database too... o_O
    it's linux versions were especially good..yeah and it was cheap, best value for money! well what more can i say..edit: yeah, cool skins and icons..LOL that's the most important thing in av choosing, how cool is the icon... LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.