RAS - Microsoft Virtual Server

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by codpet, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codpet

codpet Registered Member

I am trying to run RAS in a Microsoft Virtual Server, with a host operating system of Windows 2003 R2/SP2. However, the RAS service starts and then stops right away after each boot, or manual launch of the service.

Is there a known issue with RAS and virtualization? We purchased 25 enterprise licenses for a year of testing against Symantec on our network.

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have a license key installed? Check nod32ra.log for the exact error that has occured while starting RAS.

3. codpet

codpet Registered Member

Yes, I did select the .lic file when installing the server. I placed the .lic in the local C:\Program Files\ESET\LIC folder I created.

I reinstalled the server just to make sure. ESET is in contact with me right now, and I will post any information I get, as it may help others in the future.

4. sparx

sparx Registered Member

How did you download the .lic file? Did you do it through web mail or through e-mail software such as Outlook, Eudora, etc.?

5. codpet

codpet Registered Member

I downloaded it through outlook webmail. I have never had an issue doing this before... I have always done it this way for all my other cleints (I do consulting, and I recommend NOD32).

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Downloading a license key via OWA usually corrupts the digital signature. Check the RA server log for more details about the error, I assume it was unable to load the license file and thus the RAS service could not be started.

7. codpet

codpet Registered Member

It was sent to us through corporate mail, how would I get around this? Can ESET provide an alternate means to obtain the key? Perhaps sending it to a gmail account?

I'll look at the logs as soon as I get into work this morning!

Thanks

8. Najmi

Najmi Registered Member

you can try forwarding that mail to your gmail.

9. codpet

codpet Registered Member

Okay, it was a corrupt LIC file. I downloaded it via the outlook program, and not the webmail, and that worked out.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.