Random permission problems

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by AshG, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I've been having some odd issues occasionally lately. I'll be replying to a thread or following a link that would normally work and find myself met with a "You don't have permission to access....." error. Normal refreshing doesn't work, I have to clear my cookies and do a hard refresh to make any headway.

I thought it might be an issue with my school's ultra-rigid proxy setup (You'd figure staff would have a bypass, but no...), but the issue recently reared its head at home on two different computers.

Let me know what other information I need to provide to troubleshoot this. Thanks for the help!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

One of the Admins should see your post before to long and might have some info on this problem for you

bigc

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

If when you are posting, or clicking from link to link on the forum, you suddenly find yourself at a vBulletin error page saying you don't have permission, (like the image shown below), it most likely is because you are not staying login properly.

With every click, your credentials pass along with your request to the server here. Those credentials are stored in the cookie for wilderssecurity.com. Anything that interferes with the passing of the values stored in that cookie, (whether that be the browser itself, plug-ins, proxy software or servers, web filtering and privacy packages, firewalls, and so on), can cause this type of problem. You'll need to ensure you are passing those values through your entire configuration, all the software on your PC, and the servers at your ISP.

It may be difficult to tracked down, but it most likely has to do with trust levels and filtering being done some where between your browser and the webserver here.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.