Random Blue Screen / Restarts on Windows XP hopefully fixed

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jason_DiamondCS, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

I have a single processor and none HT (Intel 2.4) CPU and I get a BSOD and reboot every time I start IE with GH protection enabled. Interestingly enough MyIE2 works fine. Only calling IE causes the reboot. Calling IE with Roboform reboots the PC while doing the same with MyIE2 does not. Also, if I go to msn.com from within Microsoft Money I get a reboot as well. This does not happen if IE is running at the time I activate GH protection but will if I close IE and then launch it again.
    Nothing shows up in the PG log either.

Fresh installation of PG 1.3 with license key.

By the way; I cant start a new thread. I get an error msg "Topic doesnt exist on this Forum" when I press the button. Reply, as you see, works fine.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Nothing like healthy speculation :D

Providing there are no new nits found over the weekend early this week is a fair guess I guess :D

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Rodehard

Don't know about the posting issues. But as to the Process Guard issue. When the next release is out(guessing it will be early this week), get it and follow the upgrade instructions. I'd bet all your issues will be resolved.

Pete

4. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

Im hoping your right. I solved the BSOD reboot by allowing Spybot S&D global hook after noticing a hook dll in its directory. Now IE just freezes up but, at least, doesnt BSOD on me. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.