Ran into a Vista problem!!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I have tried and tested Vista and will no doubt go over when its ready.

I suspect though that most of the "runs like a dream" is down to it being a fresh install. When drivers have been optimised and the whole package matures it should be better than Xp but for now I'm not convinced - give it 3 to 6 months and then maybe.

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

It's not that it isn't pretty, or that it doesn't have all these features, the reason i don't see myself using Vista is on other threads...
    The more i learn about computers and software, the more i want to give up on Windows. I lose precious time, by not learning how to use GNU/Linux, where i do indeed control what happens:doubt:

3. David S

David S Registered Member

I have reformatted my pc's perhaps 15-20 times over the last few years (as probably many people on Wilder's have) and I am familiar with a clean OS-most of the "runs like a dream" is because Vista has greatly improved over XP-Most of the knocks against Vista are coming because so many people detest Microsoft, Vista is better, much better.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Now I wonder why that is?

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    David, what do you base your opinion on?
    BTW, I have not reformatted my pc 20 times in the next 2 years. No. of formats = 0.
    I have tested Vista a bit. Vista is about 15-20% better in some fields, 60% equal to XP and 20-25% worse than XP. The fact it costs twice as much, takes 10-15 times more space and requires twice the hardware of XP makes it the biggest possible failure MS could develop in 5 years.
    But forget quality now.
    The real problem is the recent MS policy, which gets worse and worse, and serves only one purpose: the DRM-flavored corporations that have been stalling the audio-video technology for the last 15-20 years.
    But worry not. The revolution is at hand.
    Mrk

6. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

A bit of sarcasm that seems to have fallien flat on its face :)

I use MS because I am used to it and can achieve what I want to do, but most of the programs, from MS at least, that I use are old, ie. 2k, Office 95. Compared to the later versions they have less bloat but do everything I need.

I am slowly trying with Linux but it is a slow process to convert.

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

All hail GNU, CC, and FSF!:)

8. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    Sorry man. I was talking to David S.... :(
    Mrk

9. David S

Using Vista and XP

I'm sure I do different things with my computer than you do so it's no big deal whether or not you have reformatted your pc or not (I'm guessing it could use it). I brought up the reformatting because Long View suggested the improvements I noticed were do to the fresh install, I was pointing out that I am familiar with a fresh install and the improvements went far beyond that.

I'm not here to defend Microsoft, I also have installed Linux on my home pc(but as djg05 mentioned moving to it can be a slow process) but I am extremelly happy with Vista and for the time being everythings great.

I find it odd that people not only question my opinion because I say I like it but also seem to get angry that I like it-You'd rather listen to somebody who only has a bit of knowledge about it than someone actually using it?. I would think that some people might want to know what a user thinks of it but I guess only if they don't like it. Go ahead and knock it all you want, you don't have to get it.

10. David S

Wow I just read this and realized you have no idea what you are talking about.

11. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Right! Listen Up You Lot! I didnt start this post so you could have a stab at each other, Now Back the Hell Down and Relax :cautious:

12. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    I wasn't stabbing, although I've been pricked.
    David S, you're the expert so arguing with you is pointless....
    Mrk

13. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Yes I know, I was refering to the person biting at you ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.