'ramdisk.dat not found '

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by julio99, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julio99

julio99 Registered Member

I use Acronis True Image Home version 11.0 Build# 8,101. This software has always been pretty dependable until last night. I had a full backup with one differential that I had made. I wanted to restore the backup and when I've done that before, all the steps were pretty bang bang and it was restored. When I had got to the part right before the re-boot I get this error message that a file (ramdisk.nat) cannot be found. I got in touch with Acronis Chat Support and he ended up making me a nice Recovery Disk with Linux system drivers, he said they were better than Windows, so I used that to restore my C: drive as he had already done my D: or Data drive without the re-boot. Anyway, my problem lies with getting the Master Boot Record back, so I don't have to use a recovery disk evey time I want to do a backup. How or why did that file go missing? Never ever did I have that happen to me before. Am I going to have to do an un-install and fresh re-install to get that file back, or will that even work? I'd like to make this product go back to where I don't have to use that recovery disk if I have a problem. And if a fresh install is the answer, will I be able to get the same build back if the disk that I have is an older Build? I sure hope someone can help me get this file back. This attachment I've added is the one that I got after I tried to re-boot to start the recovery. The ramdisk.dat is at the start of my log when I started this new backup today.
    acronis error message.JPG

Acronis log entry.JPG

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello julio99,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image 11 Home

The issue is in the corrupted installation file for Acronis software. Download the file once again it will solve the problem. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

Please clarify do you receive any MBR error messages while booting computer?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.