RAID issue / Blue Screen of death / 0X0000007b

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by maxxsir123, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxxsir123

maxxsir123 Registered Member

We bought Echo server with Universal Restore and maintenance around December 20th 2007 and we have been unable to get it to work.

I have physically pulled out the RAID controller to verify the correct driver on my Dell PE1900. I then went to Dells site and downloaded the latest driver and tried installing it with the image doing a UR. I then tried using a RAID driver directly from the manufactures site. 0X0000007b is the error we get every time.

I have tried this several different ways with the exception of putting the driver in the Windows driver folder before creating the image. I really don't see how that would help.

I wouldn't mind so much but it takes at least 4 hours per restore so I get a chance at two a day if I am lucky. I see many canned responses from Acronis on this forum that seem to be a waste of time. Their support is non existant and there are no support phone numbers. They tell you to wait for 48 hours for a response and the first one is almost always a canned response and then you wait another 48 hours.

I thought the Maintenance we bought into was supposed to take care of issues like this.

I am thinking about asking for a refund and I warn all to think before you buy. This software is not universal. If you have the exact same hardware it may work but even then I wouldn't trust it. The sales people will talk to you and they are very convincing to purchase but when you ask for support they don't deliver.:thumbd: :mad:

2. maxxsir123

I am trying another restore. It says there are 12 hours to complete the restore. It usually only takes 4 hours but this is another issue with this software. The time estimated to completion compared to actual time is way off.

Still 4 hours to do a restore to have it fail everytime is a joke but you could have all this too for $1,137.80. What a waste of time, money and effort.o_O

3. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

I hope Acronis do pick up on this. As with many support issues when a problem like this arises the person who is experiencing the problem almost always says something like 'never buy this product' or 'the support is non existant'. However, for the majority the product works fine and any support issues are sorted quite quickly and easily as is the case with me.

Sorry i can't be of more help but stick in there.

4. maxxsir123

Well that's great and all but the software I paid for and what I got does not work. I just looked at the restore screen and it says Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server with Acronis Universal Restore.

I bought Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows. (Not Enterprise) So my images are created with what I bought and the ISO Acronis had me download to activate the Universal Restore feature is a completly different software version.

They sent me this download link because when I created the restore media with my original purchase it didn't have the Universal Restore feature in the original product even though I downloaded the Acronis True Image product and the Universal Restore product.

So what they are doing is hacking this together and forcing us to beta test their software. I don't spend over $1000.00 to beta test software and now that I find I am forced into combining different software versions to try and get this to work I am really starting to get furious!:mad:

5. sparkymachine

Not at me I hope, I do sympathise though - may be me answering you will bring the attention of those who can help.

6. maxxsir123

No, not mad at you. Thanks for listening and replying... I am actually glad someone is..:thumb:

7. sparkymachine

thank goodness lol. We have some good folk in the forum, I'm sure someone can shed some light :eek:

8. Big Tom

Big Tom Registered Member

There are a few more people listening. But unfortunately you are not the first complaining about their buggy "alpha test" products, support quality, "release strategy", wasted time, wasted money and so on.
    It just does not help to post it again and again and again - nobody at Acronis seems to care anyhow. And that one Acronis employee that scans threw this forum once a quarter to post pretty much the same response for every single problem is not a huge help either.
    I am seriously wondering if "Acronis" is a one man show and that person simply is overwhelmed with the amount of bugs in the software.

The other bad thing is that there is no other software (that I know of) in the market that comes with that many features (yes, I agree they are useless if the core functionality does not work, but anyhow these features are being sold and make the Acronis product look superior over others). I have just invested a few Dollars into the Paragon software which was praised several times here in the forum, but let me rest assure you that that product is not any more reliable and it is missing a lot of the features that TI offers. The support over there is working for about a week on issues I have submitted and they have not even looked at them. Same thing with the sales folks - very responsive and friendly - but that is what sales folks are supposed to be and over-selling is simply their job.

Tom

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maxxsir123,

Thank you for pruchasing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that you can find necessary phone numbers when logged into your account on our website after registering your AMPS serial number.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. maxxsir123

I gave up and asked for a refund. This is not the best software in the world and I wish them luck in the future. I am wondering if the Symantec product is any better? They have a trial but the trial version won't allow you to dump an image to different hardware. If you buy the software then you can use that feature. I am going to call tech support at symantec to see what their success rate is. Good luck to all....:blink:

11. Mad_Lenny

Mad_Lenny Registered Member

same problem, it's a real shame as the workstation version works beautifully. Same frustrations as initial poster - trying different things and then waiting hours for the Echo Universal Restore (server) to complete only to then get the BSOD. I've been trying to upgrade our server hardware for the last 3 weeks (god help me if the server should go down), '...restore in minutes...'o_O it would be quicker for me to reinstall the operating system by typing in machine code...

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

rotflmfao. Symantec? Support? You sleigh me. :D

13. DerPriester1970

DerPriester1970 Registered Member

I gave up long time ago and using now Norton Ghost 12. A very better product than TI11 Home, Echo and the other crap.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Registered Member

But it can't replace the HAL and storage drivers, ot can it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.