Radmin, a virus on my computer but not on my mom's

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by arghwashier, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arghwashier

arghwashier Registered Member

Hi,

I just installed radmin, a remote administration tool. When installing on my computer with defs 1.356 nod stepped in and flagged it as a dangerous application but not on my mothers computer with the same definitions. Why not? Settings for amon are the same too, all options checked.

Another question, how can I exclude the file in the on-demand scanner? Because I don't want my mom thinking it's a virus and deleting it...

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I am not sure why it would be flagged as a dangerous application when you have the same definitions and same AMON settings. So you are saying that AMON --> Setup --> Options --> "Potentially dangerous applications" is checked on both computers?

By the way, did you install the program the same way on both computers? For example, did you download it from the internet, install it from a CD, etc.?

Unfortunately, there is no good way to exclude a file from the on-demand scanner, at least not with the current software. A bunch of people have asked for this to be included in version 3.0, but we can only hope. In the meantime, I guess you could turn off "potentially dangerous applications" in the on-demand settings.

3. arghwashier

Someone PM'ed me saying version 2.2 shouldn't be recognised but here's the log:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2006
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Disabling PDA (potentially dangerous applications) should do the trick.

5. arghwashier

PDA was enabled on both our computers in AMON, I really would like to know why it was picked up on one computer but not the other....

6. Marcos

Wasn't it detected generically as a variant of RA application?

7. arghwashier

No but as Win32/RAdmin.22 application

8. arghwashier

Any ideas?

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Not really, unfortunately. Have you tried scanning again? Maybe the problem will have gone away on its own?

10. gerrya

gerrya Registered Member

I had the same problem of Radmin being detected. Since Files/folders cannot be excluded on scans, my fix was to replace Radmin with UltraVNC. Works just as well for remote control, not so good for file transfer. But at least NOD doesn't complain.

11. Marcos

There was no need to replace it, as stated above leaving potentially applications disabled (default) would leave it undetected.

12. Patrician

Patrician Registered Member

Doesn't that leave your PC open to potentially applications.

Trev

13. gerrya

gerrya Registered Member

Well, I installed Radmin so I knew about it. I would like to know if other potentially dangerous applications get installed somehow, so I want to leave that option enabled. That's why I switched to UltraVNC.

Gerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.