Radius update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by minnieluv, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnieluv

minnieluv Registered Member

o_O o_O o_O
    INorton detected a worm(w32.spybot) day before yesterday. Iscanned a milion times it seemed like but nothing.....I used every scan on the market... I bet.NOTHING
    So this guy told me about tds-3 and told me to down load the trial so I did and I went in and updated or thought i did but every time I try to scan it tells me to update (last time 05/07/03)?? Can anyone help meo_O? o_O o_O

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Minnieluv,
    welcome to the forum.
    As you have an evaluation version you can only get the radius update from the site at http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/radius.td3
    download the file and put it in the TDS directory, (re)start TDS and you should see the new actual amount of references like posted on top of the site there and in the DCS forum
    www.diamondcs.com.au/forum
    As long as you're version is not registered you will get those reminders about updating at every start of TDS for not forgetting.

On top of the TDS threads here you see one about the basic configuragion and for the scanning options i advice to put everything checked and on highest sensitivity (worm slider all to the right) in the System Testing > Scan control area.
    Looking forward to your results.
    BTW: to post a new subject please use the "new thread" button in stead of "new poll" Thanks.

3. minnieluv

Thanks!!! That was what I needed!!!!
    The scan found blackdoor.trojan... I deleted the key and rescanned !!! Its all clean!!!
    Thanks again!!!
    Minnieluv

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The TDS scan or Norton?
    Glad you got it clean!
    Congratulations! In such cases did you also try the online scans like at http://housecall.antivirus.com or www.pandasoftware.com for instance? (say as a second opinion)

Which windows version are you using?
    In case of XP or ME disable the system restore if you are clean and happy with the system this moment, reboot, and after enable system restore again and make manually a new restore point. This to avoid reloading your infection with a new reboot.
    If you don't run XP or ME this is not for you! :)

In the meantime happy evaluating TDS. If we can answer more questions don't hesitate to post them as all can learn from them!

I'm sure you must feel lots happier in your weekend now!

5. minnieluv

The TDS is the one that found it!!

I went on yesterday and scanned with both and they came out clean !!!

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Do you also use SpybotS&D and AdAware to control possible spyware?
    And you might like to post your autostartfile from hijackthis to look if you're really all cleaner then clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.