"Radius.TD3 not found" message

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Pete, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Guest

I've just learned that I shouldn't be accessing the internet from the 'administrator' account in Win-XP. I logged-on as another user, TDS-3 started but gave me the above message; logged back into 'administrator' - TDS started and performed all checks as ususal. Should I be moving TDS (plus WG, PE and any other software I want to use in different accounts) to the 'Shared Documents' folder? (Looked all over in the documentation - saw lots of stuff about sharing files/documents but not programs. Am I being too literal?)

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Pete, welcome here.
    This option to shared area i did not hear yet, not sure. There are also people installing both as admin and user level, so i wonder what others say about this option of shared.
    Hope XP/2000/NT users jump in here.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello Pete, Quote by Gavin from the TDS Private forum:

"If you have TDS running under another account in the background, the file is locked and cannot be accessed. This is to protect the database from being deleted, several key files are protected when TDS starts..

The solution is to install TDS for both users. Hope this help

Perhaps you have Chinese or Japanese language enabled ? That is the only other thing I can think of at the moment, this causes a problem with the database usage..

And here is a solution by Adveturer 627:

I have found a solution that works for me. In addtion to the steps taken that I mentioned in my initial email. I have also performed the following tasks.

1. In the TDS-3 Configuration screen. Select the Startup tab and select No for Run At Windows Startup

2. Modify the TDS-3 shortcut properties to enable Run As

When logged in with a User account and not an Administrator account manually start TDS-3 and enter the Adminstrator account and password.

HTH Pilli

4. Pete

Pete Guest

Jooske, Pilli:

It'll be a couple of days before I can get to working on this; family, lawn, work - you know, the usual. But I just wanted to touch base to say thanks for the suggestions and to let you know I'm not an ingrate that hollers "Help!" and doesn't respond when I get it. :) I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Or, quite possibly be back with more questions.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Pete,
    that's ok, hope you can combine lawn family work in one nice occasion with the laptop at hand :D

Waiting for your results and next questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.