r-wipe & clean ceased to wipe files (after reboot)?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by guest, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

it ain't working. normally after deleting of files is done, it is supposed to reboot and wipe the swap file, etc.; but for a few days it's rebooting, and then when i log on to windows, the system tray icon for r-wipe pops out in the sys tray for a few secs then disappears. why is that?

2. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Did you try reinstalling it? If that doesn't work your machine may be compromised. try going back to a backup Image/restore point.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Siberianwolf, are you running the most recent version of R-Wipe&Clean (8.9.1586)?

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Did you recently switch from XP to a different OS? I remember with XP it had a screen that opened after restart showing that it was wiping slack files or something. But this does not show on Vista 64 bit or Windows 7. But does that mean that it does not wipe the extra stuff after restart? I don't know. Maybe you could send them an email and ask.

5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That's weird that it happens on XP. You should send them an email.

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Yes, I too recommend contacting technical support at R-Tools Technology. My own experience is that they are prompt and helpful in their replies to questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.