Qwik-Fix Pro from pivx

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Honyak, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Qwik-Fix is great, it's nothing like Prevx however. Qwik-Fix makes changes to Windows to fix vulnerabilities until Microsoft can put out a patch. It automatically updates and applies the changes when the Pivx team finds a new vulnerability. Apparently they will expand to other applications in the future, including things like Mozilla, Winamp, etc. Prevx, on the other hand, is like a firewall to certain parts of Windows. For example it will prompt you to allow or deny when something tries to add itself to startup or tries to add/modify an exe or dll file in the windows folder. Both great products. It's too bad Qwik-Fix is going to cost after Oct 31st, but then it is more of a service than just a product. Once they get protection for different applications I'm sure it will be well worth it.

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Thanks Notok I can see where this will be a very good program if it expands to include other apps. I will keep up with it's progress. I don't mind paying for good security.

4. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Are they saying the program itself will stop working after October 31st, or are they implying they will no longer offer it for free?

5. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I'm not real clear on that either. I am assuming that there may be some charge for the update service or something to that effect.

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It just says it can be downloaded for free until the 31st. I don't see why it would stop working. My guess is that there will be a new version, or protection updates, that will requre a paid license, but who knows. I just hope it doesn't cost too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.