QuickTime

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Comp01, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I had QuickTime 4.0 on my computer, I recenlty uninstaleld it (Didn't like it) now it always pops up "You need QuickTIme to view this object" on webpages (In example, Yahoo's greeting card site, etc, stuff like that) almost as if they left a ad on my system, I removed all the registry entrys i could find on it, still no luck

2. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Hi Comp01. I also had a task removing QuickTime, it was like catching the flu. Before you second-guess your removal effort, remember some things you might want to view are purposely set up to require QuickTime, so the prompt may be a legitimate notification (usually includes a link to download it).

Not uncommon in Yahoo venues, who like Yahoo itself, loves commercially invasive apps. Can’t hurt to double check your effort though. Had to use the search feature of RegCleaner and complete system file search (including Hidden Files and Folders) to finally purge myself of that one.

Good Hunting, Rick.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Yeah, I'll try to check again, is there a free regitry cleanup tool? :doubt: Dunno, just looking for a way out, I havent gotten it again, after deleting a dll file related to quicktime, but I still would like a easier way to clean my registry up, instead of using regedit and doing it manually

4. Rickster

Rickster Guest

RegCleaner is a nice free app and used it with success on ME and XP. I use the search feature for each category and even search system dll files (Tools > View System DLL files) then search there too. Click search, type in the word QuickTime and all related entries will be quickly highlighted, repeat for all available areas and tabs indicated. You can then check them off for removal when found. It also backs up, so if you screw-up you can easily restore it. After manually removing what you can find, then do a full automatic clean-up (Select Tools > Registry Clean-Up > Do Them All). Never had a problem with it removing something it shouldn’t in the automatic mode. Hope you like it.

Site Link:

http://www.webmasterfree.com/regcleaner.html

Direct Download Link

http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/RegCleaner.exe

Remember if you disabled File Downloads in your IE Security Settings, enable it temporarily to facilitate this download – then go back in and disable it again.

Hope the links work. If not, just go to your IE search engine and type RegCleaner and select RegCleaner Free. Later, Rick

5. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Ok, I think I got it without the registry cleaner, but I'll still install it, and make sure, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.