QuickInstaller Software Updater/Installer Releases & Discussions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mops21, Oct 26, 2023.

1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I tried UpdateHub last night and intend to keep trying it for a week or so. I like to see what programs I have that are compatible but I don't see a compatible list before or after a scan. Unless I am doing something wrong this is a large drawback for me. I am also testing UCheck and Quickinstaller. If anyone finds a program as good as SUMo I would certainly appreciate you sharing.

2. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

I would also appreciate it, but I'm pretty sure there is currently no good alternative.:(

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

9. mooms

mooms Registered Member

I have tested a few alternatives to SUMo, Quickinstaller is the best one I've found (much better than Ucheck IMO), especially since it's 100% free, and it even allow to download and install silently for supported applications, that's great !

Also, it's possible to submit the application you would want to be supported in-app, which is also a great idea.

The dev seems to need some help though.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  10. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

While I do like updaters that can install the updates themselves, QuickInstaller supports far fewer apps than UCheck does. It only find 11 updates on my system, while UCheck finds 45.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

14. jpcummins

I am attempting to have "ESET Internet Security" added to the "Quickinstaller" database. Their support staff has been very cooperative but is asking me for the direct download link which I don't have. Can anyone provide me with the direct download link "Quickinstaller' will need to access any "ESET Internet Security" updates? Sorry for being so dense. I know just enough to be dangerous. Thank you in advance...

15. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

I'm not familiar with ESET products. This is what I have found:
    https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-...ne-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products
    Hope this helps.

16. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

17. lmacri

lmacri Registered Member

I just noticed that a change log is now being posted at the bottom of the official download page at https://www.quickinstaller.net/download.

As of 25-Nov-2023 (which I believe was QuickInstaller Preview v0.2.8729.24136) there is a new feature that requires registration for a user account (i.e., sign in with a user name and password) before you can submit a request form to have support added for an application (see instructions at https://www.quickinstaller.net/submitapps).
    ------------
    Dell Inspiron 5584 * 64-bit Win 10 Pro v22H2 build 19045.3693 * Firefox v120.0.0 * Microsoft Defender v4.18.23100.2009-1.1.23100.2009 * Malwarebytes Premium v4.6.6.294-1.0.2189 * Macrium Reflect Free v8.0.7690 * UCheck Free Portable BETA v5.0.6.0 * QuickInstaller Preview v0.2.8732.28005

18. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

19. jpcummins

JRViejo, I have installed on my system ESET Internet Security. I am trying to add "ESET Security" to the QuickInstaller database. The QuickInstaller support staff asked me for a "direct link to the ESET Security update page". I have no idea how to get this information for them. I know that SUMo alerted me to ESET Security updates so they had the necessary information; and, UCheck has ESET Security in their database as a Community Only software so they too have the information. Do you have any idea how I could access this information? If so, I would appreciate it very much if you would let me know. Thank you in advance...

20. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

jpcummins, sorry, I don't use ESET so I don't know, however, did you try Buddel's Post link?

ESET is a paid product and their Downloads are for their clients. Maybe someone who uses ESET might post better information.

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

22. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

QuickInstaller shows a lot of potential, but...
    So far, only "a lot of potential" and everyday (it gets "old) updates for itself.

23. jpcummins

Unless I am mistaken Microsoft Edge has been updated but it is not reflected as such on QuickInstaller. But, SuperAntiSpyware, Privazer, and Revo Uninstaller, are listed as updates on Quickinstaller but not on UCheck.

24. mooms

mooms Registered Member

Do we know if QuickInstaller will be migrated to .Net 8 ?

25. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.