quick question

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by iceni60, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just installed the evaluation TDS-3.2.0, im going to read through the help file and stickies, but i hope i can ask one quick question. i manually updated. and had a look in configuation, because it didnt seem to be starting up at windows startup. i changed two settings; minimise to system tray, thats ok. but i also changed run at windows startup, is that the right thing to do for resident protection? also if i want to buy, will i need to reinstall. thank you :)

Attached Files:

• tds.jpg
      tds.jpg
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

HI iceni60 & welcome, If you are running XP I would manually start TDS3.
    There is no resident part (execution ptotection) available in the trial version, so basically TDS3 is an on demand scanner in this case. BTW even though you have got the latest Radius file, TDS will still say you need to update ;)

So just have TDS3 minimise to the systray.

Here is a screenshot for a full in depth scan, it will take a while to complete.
    The generic detection should be enabled with the slider fully to the right.

Attached Files:

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi ice....

Just to add to Pilli's post, I would not have it start up with windows, as it can hang/slow startup considerably, especially if Process Memory Space Scan is checked.

I don't even have that checked for the normal manual startup I do once windows has loaded.

But, if you select a FULL System Scan from the menu bar, it scans with everything regardless of what was checked for scanning on start up.

Also in regards to your question do you need to reinstall if registered, the answer is NO.

Once paid and registered, DCS will send you an email with info and a "keyfile" which you simply place in the main TDS folder, [with TDS closed] restart, and it will show registration in top start up line. Then simply go to menu bar:
    TDS/Execution Protection/Install.

Then TDS must be running [minimised to SysTray for convenience] for the Exec. Protection to be running all the time.

If running an NT based system, you can also check the "Boost NT Privileges" option.

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Thought I would also show you my config setup..

XP PRO here.

TAS

Attached Files:

• 020.GIF
      020.GIF
      File size:
      12.7 KB
      Views:
  5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thank you, Pilli and Tassie. im running xp, so thanks for your helpful advice :)
    ill manually start from now on. and take another look at config. and take a better look at your posts tonight. thank you both :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.