quick question about lock feature

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by INTOXSICKATED, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

can processguard be uninstalled if it is "locked". i'd try it, but don't want to risk losing any settings right now.

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi INTOXSICKATED,

Looks like the answer is no. Any time you try to uninstall PG while protection is enabled (locked or not, GUI loaded or not), you will get the warning below. Of course, when PG is locked, you will need the password to unlock it before you can disable protection. I did notice that, while PG is locked, you are still given the permit/deny dialogue when a new or "Permit Once" app executes. In other words, you can still add apps to the Security List even though the Security tab is not viewable when PG is locked.

Nick

Attached Files:

3. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

ok, that's exactly what i was wondering. i have a couple programs i don't like anyone else to use but me, and i was just wanting to know if they could disable the lock by unistalling the program. looks like they can't.
    i noticed that too. i think if you tick the 'block new and changed applications setting' in the main tab, it will stop prompting and block everything, even when pg is locked.

thnx for the help!

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Serves as a good reminder that the Lock only protects your settings (even when those settings may be less than secure).

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.