Quick Launch always showing in task manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tgell, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Quick Launch always showing in task manager - solved

Hello,
    I was wondering if someone might know what is going on with this. My son somehow accidentally deleted the quick launch toolbar . I went to the task bar and checked Quick Launch and it reappeared but I now have Quick Launch constantly running in the background. I open task manager and it always shows as an application running. I uncheck Quick Launch in the task bar and then end the application in task manager and a few seconds latter it reappears. It is nothing big but was wondering how to stop it from constantly running. This only happens when he is logged in to his account. Thanks

Issue Solved: What happened was that my son accidentally dragged the quick launch toolbar to the desktop and in the process it became hidden down and behind the taskbar. I had to drag the taskbar to the right of the screen and then noticed the Quick Launch toolbar box hiding behind it and almost off the bottom of the screen. When I checked Quick Launch by right clicking the taskbar when it first disappeared, it became active on the taskbar but the Quick Launch toolbar that was dragged to the desktop was also active, causing to show up in task manager. I closed out this extra toolbar and now everything is fine. No more Quick Launch in the Task Manager.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.