Quick Heal Antivirus - Worth Looking At

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tsr, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakharg

sakharg Registered Member

Orangeman,

NOD32 might have stopped all those viruses, but unless you have specific proof that Quick Heal underperformed in the very same situation, your statement "I don't think I'll be switching to QuickHeal" is, at best, based on a hypothetical projection and, at worst, product bashing without hard proof, which is the same kind of trolling statement TSR has been taken to task for. I've seen lots of antivirus programs stop lots of viruses, but I'm not going to make claims about one product over another unless everything has been tested in the same test environment, ceteris paribus. I'm in no position to make any such claims.

And the Dalai Lama statement suffers from a lack of logic too. Is his use of NOD32 supposed to be your proof of the product's superiority? Or was the statement meant to be ironic because he's in India and doesn't even use an Indian product i.e. QuickHeal? Because it's not even ironic, since the Dalai Lama's Tibetan, and even if he was Indian or lives there as he does, it would be in the service of a misguided nationalism if everyone expected him to use only Indian products. And lots of networks in India are not protected by NOD32 but by equally capable products, so what's your point? That the Dalai Lama does, and therefore we should tooo_O? Don't expect me to wait with bated breath for his press release on what anti-trojan he uses....

I'm only interested in the demonstrable (scientifically, rigorously tested) performance of a product, and the lack of logic regarding claims made about a product. TSR made contradictory claims about a product, and his methodology, and the contradictions have been pointed out already. I don't think we need any more "he's a hypocrite" posts: that would not be in the service of continuing this thread in a meaningful way. Once was enough when I first pointed it out, and noone since has pointed out anything new, so let's leave it and turn once again to the professional testing / performance/ evaluation of two products, shall we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.