Quick Formatted TrueCrypt partition by accident. Please Help.

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Riel, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Riel

Riel Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Apologies in advance since im new to the space and have almost no experience with file recovery. Here's the story:

So i initially was supposed to quick format a flash drive but ended up quick formatting my truecrypt partition by mistake. The drive is a 2tb ssd with two partitions of 1tb each, the first partition is for normal storage of files and the 2nd partition i encrypted with truecrypt.

After accidentally quick formatting the partition, I immediately made sure that the drive was left untouched in fear of causing further damage. I tried to mount the empty drive via truecrypt but truecrypt did not recognize it as a truecrypt volume. I also tried the restore header option from reading online in which truecrypt still wont recognize it.

After diving into some posts here and there doing research, I'm lead to believe its possible for me to recover my data, but I need help and don't exactly know how. I downloaded the free version of WinHex and followed some tutorials from 2007, but had some variation to the original poster's scenario so im putting up my own thread in hopes someone can help me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.