quick abiword question (copy/paste problem)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have abiword latest edition. I copied some text from an email by highlight/copy in context menu and tried to paste into a blank abiword document but was unable to do so. Is there some setting I need to make in abiword to be able to copy/paste from the clipboard? The same text was able to be pasted to wordpad.

I checked bugzilla and there were some reports about copy/paste problems with abiword being unable to keep formatting. But I did not see any problems similar to what I have where copy/paste does not work at all.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

acr1965, I use AbiWord Portable 2.8.6 (Win7 Home Premium) and I just tried your method without any issues.

I can copy from any Outlook email using either its Menu (highlight then Edit > Copy) and/or highlight then Ctrl-C.

I can paste to AbiWord from Outlook either using its Menu (Edit > Paste) and/ or Ctrl-V.

I can't see any settings within my AbiWord version preventing Copy & Paste.

3. acr1965

Thanks for checking. I just checked using Outlook and was able to copy/paste. It appears the problem happens when I use Chrome to paste from. And it's not every time, but most of the time. After I copied/pasted from Outlook I was able to copy/paste some text from this thread. But I tried again later and the problem of not being able to copy/paste re-appeared.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

acr1965, you're welcome.

I don't use Chrome but are there any security settings and/or plug-ins that could create a Copy & Paste conflict with AbiWord?

5. acr1965

I disabled every extension and Prevx Safe Online and then re-emabled them one by one to see if I could find something. For some reason the copy/paste seems to be working with Chrome now regularly. If it happend again I'll try to narrow down the issue. This abiword is a nice little program so I'm glad all is working for now.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Yes, I like AbiWord as well. :thumb: OK, keep us posted. Take care.

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I don't know how relevant this is, but I found that I couldn't copy & paste into a forum once from AbiWord (I can't remember the version) using SeaMonkey. It worked in another browser & then later it seemed fine in SeaMonkey. I never figured out what really happened & I have not had the problem since. Maybe there is some small bug?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.