questions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

Hi all

For some time now I have been wrestling with an old problem of 98 verses newer systems because 98 has rubbish resource handling and as a result I'm not getting the performance out of this comp that I paid for where as newer systems like XP are better but are to fat and bloated

So I decided to look in to getting Linux

But have run in to a few problems the first of which being that I cant get my hardware like my isdn modem to run I also cant get my software like my AV to run either

Also even the newb friendly versions of Linux like Lycoris are tough to work because they’re to technical and not very well laid out

So after playing round with 98 lite shell swap it got me to thinking what other bits of windows could be interchangeable and I hit upon the idea of making a hybrid system and I'm wondering if it is actually possible because if I could switch windows core I could get the functionality of windows coz most everything is designed to run for windows with the speed and stability of Linux

any comments ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.