Questions regarding automated backup and incremental/differential and scheduling

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dg9879, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg9879

dg9879 Registered Member

I am trying Paragon Backup and Restore as a trial.

Macrium Reflect was good for a while but has failed to restore recently (perhaps it can't handle the 1TB drives I now have).

I performed a full backup of my C drive using Paragon and it successfully restored.

I have read that differential backups don't work well with this program because they take a ridiculously long time to restore. In some ways it doesn't matter too much because I want to do incrementals.

Q1 Does the auto backup do incremental or differential backups?

Q2 If I schedule a daily incremental backup for say, 5:30am each morning and I turn my pc on at 6am will it do the backup immediately or not?

I work different shifts and would be turning my pc on at different times.

Q3 Would it perhaps be a good idea to have two incremental backups (the same) scheduled for different times to allow for this (with auto shutdown of course).

Q4 Since an incremental attaches to a full backup, then does that mean I have to re-organize scheduling the incremental backup each time I create a new full backup?

Ideally I'd like to automate a daily incremental backup and weekly full backup (with auto shutdown), with the latest 3 full backups kept. It would be good if I could auto copy the backup to my 2nd external drive (like I did with Macrium) but doesn't seem to be an option.

Q5 Considering these hassles, would I be better off just using automated backup if its method is incremental?

Q6 Is there a way of re-assigning the automated backup parameters? I can't remember what I chose now?

It would be great if I could get the auto backup to auto backup full weekly and the rest incremental and then another full auto backup

Q7 If I'm using automated backup and it starts doing a full backup and I cancel because it is not convenient then will it do the full backup when I turn it on tomorrow or wait until the next time it is due in 5 days or whenever?

Q8 If I tell automated backup to not keep more then 3 full backups then does it auto delete the oldest and keep doing regular full backups?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.