Questions re NOD32 License Renewal

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by navalair, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navalair

navalair Registered Member

My NOD32 v.2 license renewal (one user) was due to expire 9/03/04. I have been receiving the ESET popup reminding me to renew for a couple of days now, but I wanted to wait till 9/02 or 9/03/04 to renew because I figured my new renewal date would be dropped back to 8/25/05 if I renewed on that date. The upshot is I got tired seeing the ESET renewal popup, so I proceeded with the license renewal process on 8/25/04, eight days ahead of my license expiration date of 9/03/04. I was pleased to note on one of the pages in the renewal process that my new renewal date would be extended for one year to 9/03/05. However, when I received the ESET confirmation email, it contained this statement: "You are hereby granted an End User License to use NOD32 on 1 -computer(s) until 26 August 2005."

Question 1.: Okay, so all I lost was one week, but why inform me of one date for the extension of my license renewal--one year from my present expiration date--then email me a different date that made me lose 7 days on my original license date?

Question 2.: The ESET confirmation email also included a new User Name and Password to enable me to download the NOD32 files. After downloading, installing, and updating NOD32, I noted my old User Name and Password still show in the "Location" block of the "Update Setup" page. There is no information in the ESET email about replacing the old User Name and Password in this block, but they probably ought to be replaced with the new info, right?

Thanks in advance for any comments or clarifications offered.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Try the new password. It should work.

Send this last bit of info to sales@nod32.com and see if they take care of the problem.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is not correct, if you renew prior to expiry, your renewal still starts from 9/03/04

This is correct.

As Ronjor advised send a email to your point of purchase with a copy of the email you received.

Probably a human error ;)

Correct.

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.