Questions from a new user

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Titanium, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium Registered Member

I've just recently migrated from Kerio v4. So far I've really been impressed with this firewall although I've encountered a few difficulties. It isn't as intuitive, but very effective and much less of a resource hog.

I connect to the internet via DSL. I have a Linksys NIC connected to a Cisco 675 router. For some strange reason, LNS never reports that I am connected to the internet; even though it actively filters my network connection. LNS recognizes my network card and I have it selected on the Options tab. On the welcome tab it indicates that I am not connected to the internet and lists the IP address of my NIC.

Also I use the block list supplied by Sponge and have had difficulty entering an IP address and mask. For example, how would I enter 152.163.208.57/255.255.255.63. I have tried entering this and other addresses by selecting the MASK option under the IP Address dialog, but it never seems to work. To counter this, I have been using a subnet calculator and then entering the pertinent addresses as "In Range A:B." This is somewhat tedious, so I would welcome any suggestions.

THX

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

That sounds a lot like my case.

Are you sure LnS is filtering your connection?? When I set mine on the xircom network card I see the same as you describe - lns saying not connected. I had to set it manually to the wanminiport (ip) Lns to get it working right.

Ruben

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.