Questions from a new user

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Titanium, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium Registered Member

I've just recently migrated from Kerio v4. So far I've really been impressed with this firewall although I've encountered a few difficulties. It isn't as intuitive, but very effective and much less of a resource hog.

I connect to the internet via DSL. I have a Linksys NIC connected to a Cisco 675 router. For some strange reason, LNS never reports that I am connected to the internet; even though it actively filters my network connection. LNS recognizes my network card and I have it selected on the Options tab. On the welcome tab it indicates that I am not connected to the internet and lists the IP address of my NIC.

Also I use the block list supplied by Sponge and have had difficulty entering an IP address and mask. For example, how would I enter 152.163.208.57/255.255.255.63. I have tried entering this and other addresses by selecting the MASK option under the IP Address dialog, but it never seems to work. To counter this, I have been using a subnet calculator and then entering the pertinent addresses as "In Range A:B." This is somewhat tedious, so I would welcome any suggestions.

THX

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

That sounds a lot like my case.

Are you sure LnS is filtering your connection?? When I set mine on the xircom network card I see the same as you describe - lns saying not connected. I had to set it manually to the wanminiport (ip) Lns to get it working right.

Ruben

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.