Questions about Norton 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Killtek, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killtek

Killtek Registered Member

1) Price not being a factor, which solution should someone go with? Norton Antivirus 2009 or Norton Internet Security 2009? (I usually disable the firewall in security suites and go with another standalone firewall)

2) Is one solution better performing than the other?

3) Does performance decrease if you set Norton to high settings?

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

NIS 2009 has more features including a more advanced HIPS. So definately NIS 2009 is worth the pick.

If your alternative firewall has a great HIPS and other internet safety features, go for NAV 2009.

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I'd go for Norton Internet Security, simply because it has more protection, even if you don't count the firewall. Also if you like control, then the automatic settings for the firewall can be disabled, which turns the firewall into a HIPS like product.

See the following link:
    http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/charts/comparison.jsp?pcid=mp

More security is always better I think. Some people don't like suites, some people do.

No. Regarding any advanced settings, well most settings are enabled by default and the number of advanced settings that are disabled by default are not many. You might get a bit more pop-ups or false positives when enabling maximum security settings, but performance will remain more or less the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.