questions about logs, timestamps, lack of info

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Kremlar, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kremlar

Kremlar Registered Member

Still running a trial of Paragon Drive Backup 10 Workstation, deciding whether to buy. So far it has been very reliable, but I have a couple questions about the logs.

- I don't really like how the logs are displayed. Would prefer a more verbose flat file with time stamps on each step. Is there something else, or only the logs under "View log files"?

- Unless I'm missing something, there seems to be information missing that should be there. For example, while the backup was running I noticed it was producing errors trying to use volume snapshot (I believe because the customer was also running a separate online backup at the same time, would this make sense?). Then it seemed to use something called "hot processing" instead. Now that the backup has completed, I see no mention of this in the log. Where can I find a log that contains this information? All I can seem to find is operation parameters and whether or not the job succeeded, which seems too limited. It shows things like the disk #, but not the drive name, volume label, or drive letter some of which I think should be included in the log.

- In the log, the "start time" seems to actually be an end time. For example, my backup job started last night at 8:24pm and a finished time of 3:34am today. It backs up 2 drives. If I expand that log, it says that the first drive was backed up (commited) with a start time of 21:36 (9:36pm), which I actually believe is the finish time. It then says the 2nd drive was backed up with a start time of 3:34am - again, that was the time the backup of that drive completed.

- Some time entries are shown in 12 hour clock, and others in 24 hour clock. I think that it should be consistent throughout.

Thanks again for any input!

2. Kremlar

Kremlar Registered Member

Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.