Questions about ESET Endpoint products

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by Hollowstriker, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

Hi,

I have some questions about ESET Endpoint products (aka Business Edition):

1. Apart from the difference in names and that Endpoint is targeted at businesses, how exactly is Endpoint different from the regular ESET series? (What are its unique features offered that do not exist in the regular consumer version?)

2. Is there any special hardware / software that is required to be maintained in order to run the Endpoint series? I think I read somewhere that a server is required? The nature of my configuration is that I have about 5-10 laptops in a geographically separated setup without a central "office LAN/VPN". Is Endpoint suitable for this?

3. How should I go about purchasing Endpoint? I notice on the US site that it is available for sale on the e-store, but on my local (singapore) site, there is no reference to business/endpoint at all.

ESET seems to do some re-direction dance based on IP address, I was only able to get to the US site using a VPN with US IP addresses. Is it okay for me to purchase it directly from the US store (apart from the pricing that seems more expensive, everything else seems the same to me).

ESET Store US - Note the different tabs for Home/Business, etc.
    eset_usa.png

ESET Store Singapore - A much reduced version of the webpage, seems to only sell Home products
    eset_singapore.png

Thanks a lot!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

you are seeing "Bundle" pricing on the ESET store - that means for every endpoint, you get 1 MS Exchange license as well. If you don't need that, or you want to buy a quantity such as 12, or 18 - ie, not a "pack" of 5, 10, 15 - you need to contact a RESELLER - such as us, or one of the other resellers.

ESET is a "channel" company - they sell business licenses through their reseller channel - companies like my company. We've been selling ESET for 8+ years - to my knowledge, one, maybe 2 other companies have sold ESET for this long.

If you wish to buy business - contact a reseller in your locality.

3. mattfrog

mattfrog Registered Member

Definitely buy through a reseller, you'll get advice, support and better pricing.

With Endpoint, it is normally managed through the Remote Administrator Server, which can (I believe) run on Server 2003 onwards (including Vista, 7). There are the options in each client to update through ESET's servers instead, so I would assume it is OK to run without it, but cannot guarantee :ninja:

It is an exceptional product, and I highly recommend that you seriously consider it :D

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In response to your questions:
    1. Since ESET Endpoint is a new release, it's feature set is still evolving. Probably the biggest difference between it and the consumer products are centralized management and update server customizations. There may be some device or web management options that are a little more customizable as well. In the future, I would expect the consumer and business product lines to diverge more, as each market has different needs. You can view the release announcement here on Wilders discussing specifics.
    2. The ESET Remote Administrator software has a "server" component that needs to be installed somewhere on your network. It need not be a Windows Server operating system, though. It will work fine when installed on a desktop computer. Of course, for manageability reasons, it would probably make sense to install it onto an already-existing server on the network.
    3. You can purchase from an ESET reseller, distributor or office. It depends where you are in the world (i.e., some distributors and offices do not sell direct to end-users). I think it makes the most sense to go through a reseller so you can get the value add-ons that they offer (discounts, direct support, pairing with other goods or services that they offer, etc.) but that's my opinion.
    One thing to keep in mind is that resellers (and distributors and offices) typically operate within a specific territory and won't be able to sell to you outside of that region.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd add that one of the differences between the home version and Endpoint is that the latter also has Device control feature which is not part of the home version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.