Questions about AV-comparatives.org?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by IBK, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Hello,

I am planning to make a document containing methodology and answers to questions. So, if you have any question about the tests etc., please send a mail to faq@av-comparatives.org?subject=FAQ containing short and separated questions. If I find enough time, I will try to answer and include the most important and frequent questions that I can/want to answer in the document (!). I hope I can finish to write the document for the end of August - I am quite busy atm. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Andreas

www.av-comparatives.org

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

That’s very nice of you!

I think many people here or elsewhere will appreciate this.

Keep up good work!!!

tECHNODROME

3. John_G

John_G Registered Member

I used your site recently when trying to scout out a better AV than i was using.

Hard,Cold FACTS of what performed and what did'nt i believe there's a really big hole out there in internet world not really covered and found your site was the best i found that stepped in that direction,Kudos to you for that...

Current policy seems to not include multiple engine products,any interest in including them,i.e F-Secure,Mks_Vir,Extendia.
    One other thing i think is important to todays user when reviewing an AV is also lag factor,maybe its possible to include a standard test in that area too.

Not really what you were asking for but i hope you don't mind me throwing those points at you

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi Andreas,

I like your website, and all the info that it have... Thanks ;)

Can you and the free AV too? Like AntiVir PE, AVG Free and Avast! Home Edition...

5. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

MKS isn't a multiple-engine AV (unless you were just including it there as something just to add).

6. John_G

John_G Registered Member

My mistake i read it wrong.Thought it was a 3 engine product but its 3 product elements they were meaning.

The packet consists of three major elements, the co-operation of which results in a high safety level for the computer and data stored on it. Those elements are as follows: on-access scanner, on-demand scanner and incoming mail scanner.

7. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.