question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by montyq, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montyq

montyq Registered Member

Has anyone tried ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version: 6.5.737.000 o_O Your thoughts about It??

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have not had much luck with ZA as it seemed to have some sort of conflict with my computer, especially Outlook. I ended up trying about everything and am now pretty satisfied with my NOD32/Comodo set-up. But there are some people who really stand by Zone Alarm. I would suggest you give their trial version a spin to see how it runs on your computer. ZA 2007 is supposed to be a little heavy on resources if that could be a concern.

Newegg.com was running a special on ZA Security Suite 2007 where it just costs $10.99 after the instant rebate. You have to pay $4.99 shipping but that gets you a boxed disk. Heck Check Point charges $9.95 just for a back-up disk in addition to their download charge. If I did not have the conflict issue I would probably shell out $15.98 for the software. If for nothing else, just to try ZA's Pro firewall again. Actually it is a pretty hard deal to beat. But I would recommend at least giving their free trial a run for a couple days first.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16832728002

3. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

I wouldn't recommend the security suite, but would definitely recommend the stand-alone firewall. I would also hesitate obtaining a product from a vendor with which I wasn't totally familiar. Rather than the security suite, I would recommend using the free firewall (which I use and is very good) along with paid AV (NOD32) and the free version of System Safety Monitor. I know it has kept my system clean. If you also want to run a real-time AS app you can do that, but I've found it to be a waste of resources, as your AV or SSM will catch the malware long before the AS even knows it there.

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I ran ZA free for a while with about the same setup you have. If I left the computer inactive for about an hour it would loose internet connection. I am on DSL . Got rid of ZA and don't loose connection. I have Comodo now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.