Question to OP users

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rainwalker, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Are you folks who are using OP getting a Popup Flag/Alarm Sound while doing a GRC scan :doubt:

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'm not, but that's because all of that inbound stuff is being handled by my router. If you bring up OP's main screen, right click Attack Detection, select Properties, your screen should look like the one below. If you don't want the warnings, uncheck the appropriate entries. You can also adjust the slider to reset the threshold for issuing a warning.

Blue

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      48.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2004
  3. CyGho

CyGho Registered Member

The same here. When I unplug my router and connect my PC to the Internet directly, Outpost is giving popup warnings.

4. Rainwalker

Thanks for getting back all
    @BZ.....i have always had things set to warn me
    So my next question is.........Is it possible for me to be behind a router and not know it......i am on a stand alone...........as far as i know o_O
    In the past while trying to solve this i have gone to the proxy test site and it showed i was not running through a proxy....this is what i hoped it would indicate............i know in the second to last release some people were having the same issue as myself, but since the patch update i have seen nothing else posted.........i of course installed the newest update, as i had the problem beforehand...........now, soon after installing latest i would very occassionly see a popup but that soon stopped........also, there is nothing in the attack log...................i know the worms are still crawling around out there yet........
    any thoughts

5. BlueZannetti

Rainwalker,

I noticed over at the Outpost forum that you're on dial-up access. I may be wrong, but I'd assume that filtering at the ISP level is a likely possibility in your case, especially given your observations. Ask tech support at your ISP, they may provide a quick answer.

Even if that is the case, having OP is worthwhile as a control on outbound communications.

Blue

6. Rainwalker

I was thinking the same........what exactly should i ask them

7. BlueZannetti

Well, I'm not a networking person...., I guess I'd say something like "I'm trying to configure my system for good personal security and understand whether some of my installed security applications are functioning properly. Do you filter unsolicited inbound communications directed toward client PC's at the ISP/server level?" If they ask why do you want to know this - explain what you're seeing with OP and your concerns.

Blue

8. Rainwalker

Ok...thanks Blue............. if they ask why i would want to know.....how about because i am a paying customer ................do you know if this filtering is commonly done?

9. BlueZannetti

Not really, although from the perspective of an efficient use of relatively slow communications resources between the ISP and end-user, it makes sense that they would.

Blue

10. Rainwalker

OK Blue.....thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.